Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Automotive Question about the N

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mofro, Jul 29, 2010.

1. mofro

mofro Junior Member

Hey guys, my friend has his N and received some tickets. He has received a notice of intent to prohibit (surrender license) within 14 days.

Now, when this happened to me a few years ago, I immediately went for my Class 5 and passed therefore I didn't have to surrender my license.

My question, is it the same for people now? I don't think it's changed but I don't want to give him the wrong information.

Thanks guys

2. mofro

mofro Junior Member

I need to add that he has a chance to dispute, but it has to a written letter, a form and a $100 money order sent by mail.

That part I don't remember having to do which is another reason for the question.

3. atmosfear

atmosfear New Member

i'm not entirely sure, but i don't think your friend will be able to take his class 5 as the unpaid tickets and order(s) will be "attached" to his license (or car) when he registers for the road test. maybe someone else has a definite answer though...

4. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

So what's the follow up? I would be surprised if that loop hole still existed.

5. mofro

mofro Junior Member

He decided to go for his class 5. All the places were booked until October so he was going to be a drop in. Not sure if he got in.

I'm assuming the loophole still exists. They get you back by sending you a bill for the points you had remaining on your N. At least that's what they did to me when I did this.