Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Power outages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Aug 23, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

What's the story with the power outages these past few days? I haven't experienced anything more than a quick flicker of the lights yesterday but I'm hearing way worse from others which leaves me confused.

2. civicdrvr

civicdrvr New Member

Apparently the substations are not generating enough power for the local comsumption. With the upped use of electricity the substations don't have enough of a reserve to supply the local residents. The only weird thing is that its mainly effecting certain areas. For those people in that area its probably been up and down a few times already. If you haven't had any power outages then your not in that power grid that has a problem, if you have had power outages then i really feel for you it sucks to have that happen.

3. phieulang

phieulang New Member

power outages is always bad. I got stuck in traffic because of it.

4. initiallyyours

initiallyyours New Member

I haven't been watching the news about this, only been affected by it, but have the outages affected the entire city or specific parts?