Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Post Office Got A Hate On For Me...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Sep 18, 2015.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

So now, because I complained once, I won't get packages delivered to my door. Today I cornered the guy as he was putting mail into the boxes in the lobby of my building about a package for me and, because I had a witness standing right beside me, he had to say yes and bring it to me.

You see, last year, I heard a loud banging on my front door. As i yelled over and over 'who is it?'...i became increasingly alarmed when I didn't hear anything said at all. I was literally terrified (I have PTSD.) I did get up the courage to look thru the peephole, shaking, and saw it was a Canada Post guy.

When I opened the door, I asked him why he didn't answer, he pointed to his hearing aid.

Anyways my friend advised me not to complain to their top guy in Ontario and now I guess i'm Black listed.

What can I do about this?

the mechanic likes this.
  2. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... yes, i remember you telling us this story before, flutterby ...

... but how can you be sure your complaint has anything to do with current deliveries?

3. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Well for one, they never come to my door when I am expecting a package. They don't even try to knock now, or buzz at the front door. They just leave the little ticket in my mailbox in the lobby. This has happened at least 3 times so far.

the mechanic likes this.
  4. the mechanic

... do they take packages to other people's doors? or were you getting a special service from them before?

5. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

When you order something by mail Mechanic, and it's standard mail ie. not Fedex etc., they bring it to your door and knock. If there is no one home, they leave you the ticket to get the package at a local outlet. This is not 'special service'.

the mechanic likes this.
  6. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

services are not good here. in China's mega cities if you order something online, it will be delivered to your house in a few hours. when I was in China, I shop most of my staff online, like TV, fridge..., they all will be delivered to your house as fast as in just a few hours, and you get free delivering. I guess western countries short of manpower, that's why services are always not fast & good enough.

7. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

thanks for the input Maple Leaf. It's interesting to hear how things are done elsewhere. Thanks for some context.

8. the mechanic

... well, by your own admission you complained about a canada post employee coming to your door. as such, it makes sense that they would cease coming to your door. especially if the person who delivers the packages is deaf and can't speak which you've said is unacceptable to you ...

... i don't mean to sound insensitive, flutterby, but nothing you've described means canada post "hates" you. it just means the service might be substandard ...

9. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Give me a break Mechanic. I complained about a deaf delivery man who pounds on doors without saying 'Canada Post', who just stood there like a mute.

They totally over reacted in a passive-aggressive way and now send no packages to my door when clearly there was nothing wrong with the other deliver personnel I had had before then. It's a churlish reaction. But if it makes sense to you it must be right.....go away.

10. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

Have you tried to contact Canada Post about this situation? Find out why they stop delivering to your door instead of speculating. When you spoke with the delivery person, did you ask why they did not deliver your package and instead just left a delivery slip?

11. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

I'm not going to contact them again. The last time I did, I had 'someone' mysteriously try to cancel my apt. Internet account using my address.