Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Tech Pentax K-x DSLR thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Jul 16, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Can't beat the colour choices. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ema

ema Full Member

LOL :p
    I knew it was going to be you!
    So, you're a no for the Canon DSLRs?

3. milquetoast

You have to look at what you need from the camera. I also recommend going to a store to get a feel for the different DSLR bodies. Pentax is smaller, so it might be easier to use.

Canon and Nikon will have a better after market for lenses because they're more popular.

For the price, it's really hard to beat the pentax in iamge quality and features.

Check this thread: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/pentax-k-x-dslr-deal-thread-877034/ for a useful comparison. Pay attention to the negatives that people point out to see if they'll matter to you.

A cool thing about pentax is the lens compatibility.

Plus... pink camera!

PS: I don't actually have any DSLR experience :(, I just read up on these things in case I can ever afford such a purchase.

4. ema

ema Full Member

Would you think the K-7 is better? LOL
    ^ lol but I hate the colour pink =/
    I just like pink for websites...AS IN FORUMVANCOUVER NEEDS TO FIND A PINK VERSION OF FORUMVANCOUVER :(

5. milquetoast

Well the K7 cost quite a bit more than the K-x, they're in different classes. The K7 will have a better functions (AF, LCD, weather resistant body, more powerful flash etc).

Although, http://www.adorama.com/alc/blogarticle/Is-the-Pentax-K-x-better-than-the-K7

I would save the money and spend it on nice lenses if you are starting out. You can always upgrade up later on.

6. THEimsoniac

THEimsoniac New Member

Watch out for the weight of the K-x though. It really is quite hefty compared to the Xsi

7. tzeekin

tzeekin New Member

How does the K-x compare to K100d super?