Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Pacific Halibut-Hippoglossus Stenolepis

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by bill barilko, Apr 12, 2015.

1. bill barilko

bill barilko Full Member

Well our trip to Vancouver Island with Blue Wolf was a success despite some very rough seas, I'll spare you the usual pics of dead bodies and instead on this thread I'll put up a few pics of how I like to prepare Pacific Halibut

These are Halibut cheeks and Yes they come from the head of the fish-Halibut of course have broad flat heads so there's lots of cheek meat-as you can see it has a bit different texture and overall is a bit sweeter taste-these have some Thai sweet chili sauce dribbled on as shown & are simply broiled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bine

Bine Full Member

I love halibut cheeks, the are the best piece of fish that one can get. I will have to try your cooking method as it looks like a good way to serve it without covering the flavour.