Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Entertainment Overture to a New World by Jorn K. Flogstad (vktheme.mid)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Apr 12, 2013.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Back in the day of Geocities, Angelfire and when websites still had MIDI files embedded, I had one MIDI in my collection that I loved. 10 year old me thought it had a beautiful melody and found it inspiring to listen to. Always made me think of Vikings sailing to North America.

There wasn't much information available online beyond the meta data on the file.
    As MIDI sites started to die out and the internet changed, references to vktheme and the song are disappearing from the web. As of 2013, there's only 1 or 2 sites with the file available for download.

Why this post? Just to see if there's anyone out there googling "vktheme". :)

Have a listen. I used an online midi2mp3 converter with the Chorium SoundFont.

2. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Back in 2002 I put midi music on my angelfire and tripod websites. Mostly WWF and Final Fantasy. I thought those were the good days of Internet. MSN Messenger was popular. Aim too.

3. milquetoast

Don't forget about ICQ.

4. Andy

Andy Guest

Oh my goodness, I've looked forever to find this again!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

5. milquetoast

6. CriminalCoconut

CriminalCoconut New Member

So I’m commenting on this like 5 years later, but I had to make an account just so I can ditto what Andy said back in 2014!
    @milquetoast, your post made me think, “Wait... did I write this?” it sounds identical to my own experience with this midi back in the day.
    I was very happy to find this. Ive searched for it for a very long time without any info other than the name vktheme.... And you posted it on my birthday, no less! It was meant to be.
    Thank you!

7. goldengoose

goldengoose Guest

Link is dead, does anyone still have it? I too remember this tune. I believe the composer is a physician and programmer. I'm not sure if he's even aware he's brought delight and joy to people around the world.