Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Nutritionist Consultant

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nutraways, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Nutraways

Nutraways New Member

Good afternoon Vancouver !

My first post on here :)

As a certified nutrition consultant, I want to contribute to the the vancouver community by answering any questions anyone may have regarding health, diet, nutrition, fitness and more
    Happy Saturday everyone :jump:

2. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I don't eat fish. Should I be taking some kind of capsules?

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

What qualifications do you have as a "certified nutrition consultant"? As far as I know, only dietitians are regulated. Anyone can call themselves a nutrition consultant, nutritionist, etc.

I should also call myself a nutritionist. I took a few courses in nutrition at UBC. ;)

4. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

certified by whom pls?

5. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

plus you wont get a lot of interaction here. there is a large number of members but only five or so contibute and respond.

6. neednewip

neednewip Guest

7. Nutraways

Nutraways New Member

We are more than happy to help everyone and answer all questions. You can stop by our store,

[This forum is not free advertising]
    Our staff on the floor is a graduate of Canadian School of Natural Nutrition.
    We offer lowest prices in the city, and will price match any competitors.

I will be more than happy to answer any serious questions anyone has online. Only here to help my fellow Vancouverites !

Thank you all for your contribution.

8. Night Of GuardianS

I have a weight problem. I'm like 40ibs under weight. What diet can I go on to gain weight?

9. lumix

lumix Full Member

Nutraways, what does the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition say about eating eggs:
    1. Can we eat eggs every day? How many eggs per day?
    2. Whole egg including yolk or just egg white?

10. Night Of GuardianS

I have 2 toast and 2-3 boiled eggs almost every morning. With earl grey tea. I'm afraid that I'm not eating enough to gain weight.

11. mighthelp

mighthelp Guest

[​IMG]

12. squach

squach Guest

[​IMG]

healthy lunch

13. lumix

lumix Full Member

Wow, 2-3 eggs a day. I asked about eggs because of it's alleged cholesterol content, unclear if it is ok to eat eggs daily.

Gaining weight should be easier than losing weight. Eat more carbo - bread, rice, potatoes in your meal, snack all day, have 3:00 pm tea with something light (sandwich, cheese quiche etc), have late night snack (instant noodles, pizza slice etc) before bed time, you gained some weight in no time.