Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Arts & Culture NIGHT MARKET!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ema, Jun 24, 2010.

1. ema

ema Full Member

Summer night market in Richmond has opened again this year. (There were rumours of the previous owner Richmond Nightmarket to reopen at a New Westminster location. However, he failed to meet the contract etc. thus there's only one nightmarket in Richmond this year.)
    [​IMG]
    Address:
    12631 Vulcan Way
    Richmond, B.C.
    (Behind Home Depot on Sweden Way)

From Curry fish balls to just random games such as the scoop gold fish with a paper net!
    If you're craving for a late night snack, they're open on Friday nights and Weekend nights!

http://www.summernightmarket.com/main/default.asp

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Even if he did get the contract, I don't know how well a "Richmond" Nightmarket would work in New West.

Got tired of nightmarket and actually haven't been since the new owner started running it. How does it compare?

3. ema

ema Full Member

Definitely not that great anymore. I just go for the late night snacks, it's still yummy! As for the vendors, nothing worth going to see.

4. lefameux

lefameux New Member

thanks for the tip

5. nickaroo

nickaroo New Member

The line ups for food are soooooooo long

6. thendless

thendless New Member

Stinky tofu here i COME

7. tenegg

tenegg New Member

anything new this year?

8. cruiser

cruiser New Member

I love taking my out-of-town guests here. They are in AW of its mass ppl and authentic food.

9. dng

dng New Member

Can't wait to grab some octopus balls =)

10. graciemay

graciemay New Member

A friend of mine has a bucket list of stuff that he wants to do sometime...one is an eating contest (don't ask...). Heard that there are fried chicken and fish ball eating contests at the night market. Anyone know about these events??

11. dano-99

dano-99 New Member

spring rolls are always a safe bet

12. krissy

krissy New Member

i heard that there was going to be a new night market somewhere else this year, does anyone know where?

13. ema

ema Full Member

Oh it was suppose to be in New Westminister but it didn't fall through lol.

14. julieg515

julieg515 New Member

They say Night Market is moving every year but they always end up at the same spot in Richmond. They did, however, rearrange everything and there are now eating contests!

15. dannieb

dannieb New Member

I absolutely LOVE the food there! Go right before closing to get good deals on the food :p

16. babooshkababy

babooshkababy New Member

This is a must-do event - the food, the smells, the people - it really is like going to a Hong Kong night market!

17. palladium

palladium New Member

Do they have dragon beard candy at the market?

18. mare8w

mare8w New Member

I love dragon beard candy! I had it at the night market in richmond...

19. sokaren

sokaren New Member

they have it every year

20. chuey603

chuey603 Junior Member

yes they have dragon beard candy .. I finally tried it for the very first time last week. It's strange at first but its quite tasty! And its the same guy who has been making it for years ... Also try those waffle-ly egg ball thingys. There was a 25min wait for pickup for them when I was there on a Friday night but definitely get two to make the wait worthwhile :)