Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Technology Nexus 5 price drop

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by milquetoast, Nov 22, 2014.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Do you think they'll be one in the future? I was hoping Google would cut the price after the Nexus 6 launched but nope. Maybe some Black Friday or Boxing Day discounts or promos?

2. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I hope so. Have been using the Nexus 4 for two years now. My longest run with any smartphone. The Nexus 5 is not much of an upgrade though.

3. milquetoast

4. Night Of GuardianS

It's nice. Although 5.5" screen feels massive. I think 5" is the perfect size. Where can I buy a OnePlus One for $399 in Canada?

5. milquetoast

There are plenty of invites now but you have to pay for shipping and duties so I think the total ends up being around $450. For customs and duty, Canada Post ($50) charges more than DHL ($30) so if you order one, don't pick Standard Shipping. There's going to be some sort of Black Friday sale as well but not sure if it's on the phone or just accessories: http://oneplus.net/blackfriday/

6. Night Of GuardianS

Hi Milquetoast. The Nexus 5 is only $199 outright from Wind's website. No tab and no contract. Just $199 and it's yours. Comes unlocked. Works for rogers, bell, telus etc with LTE. They are like opened box though. Or lightly used with no damage. Rumor has it that Wind will drop the price to $119 outright sometime this month. Read this on redflagdeals. I'll probably pick one or two up when it gets down to $119.

milquetoast likes this.
  7. Henry

Henry Junior Member

Where do you see the $199 deal?

8. milquetoast

9. Night Of GuardianS

I'll let you know when they have a similar deal again.

Henry likes this.
  10. Henry

Henry Junior Member

I'll be looking out for this! My smartphones running on 3 years now and i don't think it'll last much longer :(

11. milquetoast

I'm still using an iPhone 4. The lock button is busted and the home button only works 50% of the time.

12. Bill

Bill Full Member

On a Koodo medium tab, Nexus 5 is $0.00.

On a Koodo small tab, Nexus 5 is $200.

Medium tab has $5/month charge until tab balance reaches zero
    Small tab has $0.00/month charge

13. Night Of GuardianS

I still have another year before my wind tab is up. I would switch over to Koodo but I love my unlimited data. Data roaming on wind is also only 5ยข per MB.

14. milquetoast

Koodo: Nexus 5 for $0 plus $100 gift card at Walmart. In store only.
    I'm with Fido and they had a similar deal at Costco but I missed out. Hopefully something comes along during Boxing Week.