Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

New Consumer Realities...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Oct 30, 2016.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

So, typically, food inspection is down at the same time that huge holes are opening up in the supply chain leading to consumer nightmares with no recourse.

I recently purchased some mushrooms from a large grocery chain and it smelled like nail varnish had been spilled on them. Thankfully I caught it when I was cutting them up. There's no way to get any action from the store on it either. They really don't want to know.

And a lip balm I bought made my mouth burn like it had some kind of acid in it. Had bought this brand before with no problem. I will take this back but no one's going to test it. REally it's hit and miss for consumers these days....

2. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... funny you mention this, flutterby. i have an rash on my right hand which i suspect might be a reaction to soap or something ....