Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

misleading job ad

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by tre, Apr 21, 2015.

1. tre

tre Guest

went to interview and got call for job offer doing marketing assistant work. the job ad noted it pays 15 hour but I got job offer call and he said he like hire me but 12 hour.it didn't say 12-15 but just 15. The thing is I can do everything the job description noted and plus I got a diploma in business from local college.
    is this legal and what would you do. take up the job or ask for the hourly wage noted or ask for more money. the location of the job would take me approx. one hour to get there ,and 3 transfers via bus , skytrain and bus

he did say the job be re-locating to more central location in few months but who nows as he lied in job ad will be lie about relocation too.maybe there will be no relocation
    This new startup company.too

2. bill barilko

bill barilko Full Member

If they lie now they will lie later-take the job if you need the money-work for a while/see what the new location is like and if you get a chance rob them blind.