Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

(mental health) early childhood medical trauma

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Jul 5, 2014.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

I was deeply traumatized from a violent and intrusive medical procedure as a 3 year old in Calgary. Because of my age, no one took the time to explain to me what was going to happen, nor was i told what a hospital was. Because my mother was kind of a moron, she basically dropped me off and disappeared.

I thought they were trying to kill me and I experienced the whole event as an attack. Later i regressed developmentally and exhibited many behaviorial signs of trauma ( at home) whch were brushed off or went unnoticed by my clueless parents. I went on to have panic attacks in class throughout gradeschool, was socially withdrawn, depressed, had hours-long crying spells at home ( ignored). I nearly drank myself to death at 14.

I lost my innate belief in G*d.

2. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Are you on PWD now?

You May Also Like...

1. (health) The Human Microbiome by flutterby