Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Man almost dies mailing himself to his girlfriend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Joe

Joe Full Member

[​IMG]

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/man-almost-dies-mailing-himself-girlfriend-204950208.html
    Hu Seng hoped to pop out of the box and surprise her, but when she opened it he was passed out

One man's romantic gesture almost killed him when he ended up trapped in an airtight box for much longer than he should have been.
    Hu Seng, from China, wanted to surprise his girlfriend with a present, so he decided to mail her himself. The Daily Mail reports he hopped into a box, curled into the fetal position and made a friend tape the box closed and send it via courier to his girlfriend, Li Wang. He was hoping when the box arrived at her office he would jump out of it and surprise her. But that's not quite what happened.

The couriers mixed up the address and instead of the delivery taking 20 minutes it ended up taking about three hours. Seng had very little air and by the time it arrived at Wang's office, Seng was unable to jump out and surprise her because he had passed out. He had to be revived by paramedics. He had a friend waiting at her office with a camera to film the whole thing.

"I didn't realize it would take so long," said Seng in a Daily Mail article. "I tried to make a hole in the cardboard but it was too thick and I didn't want to spoil the surprise by shouting."

The Daily Star reports if Seng told the courier firm he was in there they wouldn't have accepted the package. When animals travel they have to be in special containers so they can breathe.

2. mission

mission Full Member

That's a high risk adventure.

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I guess you could say she... took his breath away.

[​IMG]

4. Edward

Edward Guest

It's not like it was on a airline to Canaduh or anything.:eek: