Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Tech Make close tab button less prone to misclicks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joeclark, Jul 26, 2017.

1. joeclark

joeclark Junior Member

Hello Guys,

In the current desktop user interface (Opera 44, but likely since version 15) each tab's Close tab button remains invisible on its left side, hidden under the icon until the mouse moves over the tab (except for pinned tabs or when many tabs are open, in which case there is no close button). I often find myself closing a tab which I meant to select, a nuisance that I don't experience so often in similar interfaces. Given that my behaviour doesn't seem to improve, any change on the user interface, whether by default or optional, would be welcome. Others have expressed concerns about this in the forums,[1][2] but I don't know the site's rules regarding resurrecting posts and I believe that I am not simply repeating their words in spite of sharing the sentiment.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
    References:
    - http://forums.opera.com/discussion/1883152/make-close-tab-button-less-prone-to-misclicks
    - eLearning Platform Video Examples.