Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Arts & Culture Local Musicians Release New Christmas Song to Support Vancouver Food Bank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scott Petrie, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Scott Petrie

Scott Petrie New Member

Hello internet friends,

I'm helping a group of Vancouver musicians who just recorded a new Christmas song called "Christmas Day". They recorded a lovely tune and my job is to get the word out about it. They have decided to donate all of the proceeds from the sale/download of the song to the Vancouver Food Bank. According to the food bank, for every dollar they raise, they are able to purchase $3.00 worth of nutritious groceries for the thousands of people they support each week.

The song costs 99cents to download from iTunes (Christmas Day by Wyckham Porteous) and it can also be purchased at www.christmasdaysong.org, as well for 99cents.

The song accompanies a youtube video to promote Help-Portrait East Vancouver which took place on December 4th at the Carnegie Center. I encourage you to watch the video, enjoy the song, then share it with your friends and family. It's a great video!

I am seeking your assistance - first to consider purchasing the song and second to share this information with your friends and family either through email, by sending out a tweet, adding it to your facebook page, posting it to your blog....whatever way you can to get the word out about this song. Radio stations in Vancouver have agreed to play the song, the Province newspaper has already done an article on the song and a tv station is interested in doing a story about it.

In addition to the link to the video, I'm also including a photo of Wyckham Porteous and Sam (Samantha) Parton who sing the song, as well as the news release.

On behalf of Wyckham Porteous and everyone else involved in this project, thank you for supporting the food bank and sharing this information and this song with your friends and family - either through traditional methods or through social media.

Merry Christmas!
    [​IMG]

milquetoast likes this.
  2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Beautiful song, thanks for posting. You didn't include the news release, but I found it elsewhere for anyone interested:

3. Noel

Noel Guest

I just heard this song on a TV commercial on Omni :)!

4. jessB

jessB Guest

heard this on TV today, it was a metro vancouver christmas commercial on joytv :) beautiful song. glad i found it on this forum, i was wondering what the song was called.