Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

"it's not your house, you just live here"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Feb 14, 2015.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

THis is what my dear ol mum said to me at 15. It really hurt and damaged me. Now that I'm an old woman I feel like why should teens be technically 'homeless' like that? Why isn't there provision in the law that if one is a part of a family that owns a house that the house should, in part, belong to them as well! Why should teens be serfs in their own family?

Also, parents shouldn't be allowed to just kick a teen out of the home. Teens need to have some rights under the law!

2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

To be honest, they didn't own the house either...they had a mortgage.

3. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

"sell the kids for food....weather changes mood"

Kurt Cobain

4. That doesn't happen in all cultures, in other Countries (ethnic Groups as different of English) You can stay in Your Home for as long You want, and Your Parents will be delighted, You where born in the wrong side of the World. No pun intended.

5. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

What we need to create is something like the Israeli concept of the nahal, or the kibbutz or moshav. Nahal is an acronym for pioneering, fighting youth in the Hebrew language. Young people would live collectively in the government-sponsored system where the farm or manufacture collectively, and run the system semi-democratically but with some input and say-so from persons representing the government. Marriages would likely occur between nahalniks. The nahal would gradually evolve into a kind of virtual extended family where members really care and look out for each other.

Bine likes this.
  6. Bine

Bine Full Member

Vivek should run for City council.

7. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Well, actually I work with members of the Dania City Commission to get things bettered. When my family lived in Ridgewood, New Jersey I was a member of the Ridgewood Community Forum. We worked to improve relations between minorities and the police, to foster understanding between different groups in our community. Why do you think I spend time on these cyber-forums? I want to network with humanity.