Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Is This Native Indian Political Correctness Gone Too Far?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Sep 26, 2016.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... the government recently erected a sign at the entrance to my town which falsely declares that the town is NATIVE INDIAN TERRITORY ...

... this is crazy! my town isn't an indian town! it wasn't founded by indians and it wasn't built up by indians either ...

.... i see this sign as an insulting snub to the hardworking people of my town who made it the vibrant, prosperous community it was in its glory days. in my opinion this sign is an example of how the government is using indians to make themselves feel good but it isn't based on reality of any kind ...

... so what's the motivation here? why would the government put up such a sign?

... how can this happen? can anyone explain this to me?

2. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Put up another sign saying that the town is dinosaur territory. After all, if you really go back in history, the Earth was populated by dinosaurs. And tell those politically correct hacks, white and Native alike: "Welcome to Jurassic Park. I know that people with your reptilian mentality will feel right at home here!"

the mechanic likes this.
  3. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Young white people like yourself today had no more to do with African slavery or the destruction of the American Indian than I had anything to do with injustices against out-castes in the Hindu caste system. I condemn things my ancestors did, but no way do I answer for their wrongs!

the mechanic likes this.
  4. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... thank you for your comments, Vivek ...

... i see the sign as a political statement. governments should save the politics for election time and be more race neutral with their public messages ...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016