Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

is bumping threads forbidden here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vivek Golikeri, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Rules vary from blog to blog, so I am asking the moderators on Forum Vancouver for guidance. On Memebee Forum the mods had absolutely no problem with someone bumping threads. But on some forums that is a no-no. So what the rules here?

I personally think bumping old threads is a good idea because it cause revision and revisiting of old, half-forgotten matters. Also, it now reviews them in the light of facts and events available since when they were first posted.

This is the same thing as the difference in law between malum in prohibitum ( bad because it is prohibited ) and malum in se, meaning bad in itself. Lying, persecuting, plagiarizing, are morally wrong. But bumping threads is like going through a red light. If it is forbidden, that is only because the makers of the rules feel it will create problems. Intrinsically, it is nothing unethical.

Advice, mods?

2. Forum Vancouver

Forum Vancouver Administrator Staff Member

It's not forbidden.

3. Vivek Golikeri

Thank you. Okay then, I will sometimes explore the past and bump carefully and selectively. I want to revive threads whose content jibes with today's issues, and ask present posters to jump in and comment. We should not live in the past, but by refreshing our awareness of it we understand past, present and future in a more integrated perspective.

4. factual

factual Guest

you are awesome

5. Vivek Golikeri

Thank you for the kind words.

6. Elmware

Elmware Full Member