Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Students Is anyone in the social work program at UBC?

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by Averin, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Averin

Averin New Member

Hey all,

Has anyone attempted or is currently in the BSW program at UBC. I'm looking to apply for next intake. Was wondering what the interview process is like and what things i could to do increase my chances!

Thanks!

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I'm not in the social work program but I assume it'd be like other professional programs.

1. Grades
    2. Extracurriculars, Volunteering, Employment, Life Experience
    3. References

Do you know what type of interview they do? Panel or MMI style?

3. Averin

Averin New Member

I have a written interview, then one on one, and lastly a group interview with other candidates. Trying to get some insight into what happens in these interviews and what is the average GPA and volunteer/work experince

4. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

5. Averin

Averin New Member

yeah they really are. wanted to see if anyone could give me more specific answers. doesn't look like it though. thanks cheeseshredder

6. I took mine today let me tell you its not easy. The hardest part was the case study because everyone is trying to outdo one another. There's a personal essay on why you want to do social work and on a topic such as foreign adoption or immigration. One on one interview is a conversation with a current bsw student