Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

inefficiencies of translink

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 6u-huo.l.uV, Jan 21, 2011.

1. 6u-huo.l.uV

6u-huo.l.uV Moderator Staff Member

so i got to the bus stop at 7:54 this morning, waiting for the 43. when the bus came, there were 2 43's stopped at the red light (7:53 and 7:58, assume?). when the light turned green, the first bus (no more than 10 people on that double bus) blew right by everyone. the second bus (pretty much full) stops and lets on ~5 people. now, i would've gotten on that bus were it not for a couple of guys who cut the line and this one woman who seriously just snuck in right in front of me.
    anyway, onto the point of this post: why couldn't the near-empty bus stop and let the near-full bus continue on? no one got off when it stopped so it would've been WAY more efficient for the two buses to switch schedules (if that was the case).. input/anything similar happen to you?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

mostly just buses that skip my stop when they're running late...

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

The trolleys running N/S are pretty bad. They're always late and they can't pass each other. The worst was when I saw 7 x 20 Victoria grouped together at 41st and Victoria. The 41 route would be a lot more efficient if they bypassed kerrisfail during late afternoon.

4. 6u-huo.l.uV

6u-huo.l.uV Moderator Staff Member

haha. worst i've ever seen was in ottawa right along the street where parliament is. at least 7 buses lined up one after the other stopped along that street. and traffic was BACKED UP

5. anon

anon Guest

hydraulic doors on the newer buses are too loud

6. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

The cloth seats are pretty inefficient, who's bright idea was that anyway? Smells bad man, particularly when it's raining or hot out. Heard about somebody sitting down on one of those seats only to discover that it was damp; it turns out a kid wet his pants loool.

Personally I like the Canada Line seats or the textured rubber ones on the newer buses.