Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Discussion Indulge Living Sucks

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by milquetoast, Feb 11, 2013.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

So Indulge Living basically shut down overnight on short notice and without customer support. I have some vouchers there for businesses that have since closed. Will try a credit card charge back because I have received absolutely NO emails in response to my inquiries.

Anyone have the same problem?

Their deals and customer service went to the shitter after they were bought by The Red Pocket. The company was then sold again to Buytopia who evidently doesn't give a shit and shut the site down while saying fuck you to the old IL customers.

They are also not honouring any credit from deal refunds. By closing up shop overnight, there was no opportunity to use them up.

2. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I know Indulge living sent out emails saying they were becoming Buytopia, but didn't know Buytopia is shut down now. I still have a Unscratch.ca voucher if you want it. I saved the PDF to my computer. Expires on the 28th. You can take your car to unscratch for someil minor scratches. I can give this voucher to anyone for free. I think i paid $40 for it.

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Buytopia is still running, but they dropped support for all Indulge Living customers. I sent them emails about my vouchers on IL and they just ignored me completely.

Thanks for the generous offer but I don't have a use for it. Maybe make a post in the classifieds section offering it?

4. this happened to me but with another company, they ripped me off! don't support buytopia i got caught in the Butchers scam by WebPiggy and was offered "piggybucks" they said would never expire. without notice, they "partnered" with Buytopia and now my family has lost over $500. they did not offer any chance to liquidate the stupid "piggybucks"

if you try contacting Buytopia, they just ignore you and delete your account. stay away!! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. i hope people will see this bad review and stick with groupon

this should be illegal!

5. samanthaiam

samanthaiam Guest

I never received any notification email from indulgeliving. I was even in the process of using my credit up before they removed all their deals and transferred it to buytopia. They must have only sent them to people without a credit balance :mad:.

6. There needs to be more laws to protect consumers from these shady coupon companies. It shouldn't be legal for these companies to buy each other out without taking on credit balances. From now on I am sticking with Groupon. Boycott Buytopia because they don't care about customer service. They even banned me from posting on their facebook page :rolleyes:.