Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

How To Make Money Online From Home [Canadian Guide] $$$

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by milquetoast, Jul 13, 2014.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

There are many ways to make "beer money" online but most of the opportunities are restricted to Americans. Here are some of the options that are open or unique to Canada.

You won't get rich but it's a nice way to make a few extra bucks here and there. $100/month is achievable. $200-400/month is not unheard of but requires a lot of dedication and time to reach.

Point Sites
    Swagbucks
    Earn points for searching, playing games, watching videos, taking surveys. You redeem points for gift cards and products. I use them for the $5 amazon gift cards.

Clixsense
    Get paid to click and view ads, complete offers, surveys ($1-3 each) and tasks.

CashCrate
    Perform tasks, surveys and offers to earn cash.

Tasks
    Postloop
    You get paid to post on forums at a rate of about 7-10 cents per post after you are approved. Make sure you use excellent grammar and spelling, particularly during the approval process.

Slicethepie
    Review songs for 10-20 cents each. It takes about 90 seconds per song.

Earn money for shopping
    GreatCanadianRebates
    ebates

In Store
    Checkout51
    SnapSaves

Bill and Cookie-Monster like this.
  2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Paid Surveys
    PineCone Research
    Earn $3-5 a survey for evaluating and testing new product concepts. Surveys take 15-25 minutes. They even send you new products to try. They used to send cheques but I believe they now require PayPal.

Legerweb
    Pays $1-15 per survey which take from 2 to 15 minutes. Pay out is through cheque or rewards like gift cards, airmiles or donations.

tellwut
    Quick surveys for 5-15 points each. Redeem $10 Amazon or Walmart gift card for 4000 points.

Google Opinion Rewards
    Earn Google Play credits by doing surveys.

Work from Home
    scribie (Transcription)
    Pays $10 per audio hour. So a 6 minute audio file would earn you $1. There is a long waitlist and you need PayPal.

InstaEdu (Online Tutoring)
    Requires an application and background check. Need to be currently enrolled in or have graduated from college. Pays $20/hour in one minute increments.

Tutor.com (Online Tutoring)
    Need to pass subject exams and background checks. You start at $9/hour on probation for tutor sessions after that it's $11-13/hr + bonuses. You have the option to be scheduled or a floater. When scheduled but not tutoring, you earn $5.50 flat rate.

Other
    Tangerine Bank (formerly ING Direct, now owned by ScotiaBank)
    Get a $50 sign up bonus with this Orange Key promo code: 35227360S1
    Right now they have a promo to receive up to $150 in addition to the sign up bonus.

More site to be added so keep this page bookmarked.

Bill likes this.
  3. aboleth_lich

aboleth_lich Junior Member

Those are excellent suggestions, and I would also like to add that I've found that iSay and Web Perspectives are also very much worthwhile.

Each month, I typically earn enough points for a CDN $15 PayPal deposit through iSay and CDN $10-30 in gift certificates for Chapters.ca through Web Perspectives. (I also prefer buying books through Chapters.ca as I earn more SwagBucks through SwagBucks' Shop-and-Earn there than I would for the exact same order through Amazon.ca.)

4. aboleth_lich

aboleth_lich Junior Member

FusionCash is also a notable points site, in that I've found that I can earn CDN $25 PayPal deposits there faster than through CashCrate or InboxDollars--but it still takes quite some time and very much pales in comparison to SwagBucks. If anyone is going to use a points site, then I would highly recommend SwagBucks over all other such sites.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  5. Mikey

Mikey Junior Member

Are any of these legit? I haven't checked these out yet, I just saw this forum.
    And, do they work in Canada?

6. Mikey

Mikey Junior Member

Oops, I supposed I should read a bit more carefully. Never mind :)

7. Mikey

Mikey Junior Member

Ok seriously, it gets on my nerves when you're doing a survey and several questions in you no longer qualify and can't continue to finish and get rewards. Such a waste of time.

8. maxen57

maxen57 New Member

Swagbucks, Clixsense and Cashcrate have long been paying for years. You just need to be patient with accomplishing tasks. Forum posting, writing ads and rating independent music also pays. The latter would depend on your location because I live in Asia and they only have very few selections who live anywhere else. Paid surveys would depend on the information you give to them like your age, average income and employment. If you're not in their demographic, it's not lucrative.