Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

How much weight would I lose if I only drank diet coke with no food for 3 weeks?

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by JameBartel, Jul 11, 2012.

1. JameBartel

JameBartel New Member

I'M NOT PLANNING ON DOING THIS.
    Me and a friend were having a discussion and this question just randomly came up.
    So basically, we want to know if someone was about 152 lbs(11Stone) and you only drank diet coke for 3 weeks with no food. How much weight would you lose?

Just want to emphasise that neither of us were planning on doing this. Food is too nice.

2. ema

ema Full Member

You would die. At most, 5 lbs of water weight but pop is water so...you wouldn't lose weight.

Your body would go into starvation mode and keep your body fat cause it sees that it's not getting any food.

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

You would actually lose weight, but you would likely die too. You'll be malnourished for sure from lack of macro and micronutrients. The brain specifically needs glucose to run. Your body can shift to using fat via ketone body metabolism during starvation states, but the brain will still require a certain percentage of energy from sugar despite the shift in metabolism.

Your body will ultimately start breaking down protein as a substrate to make glucose. Look up marasmus.

4. BonnieLaura

BonnieLaura Guest

I think that’s not a good idea because it’s not good for your health and you should never lose more than 1 - 2 lb per week. If you want to lose weight join a gym and do it properly.

5. Benton

Benton Guest

Why you want to lose your weight using diet coke and leaving the foods.
    It is not a good idea for the weight loss because using only coke can be harmful for your stomach.
    If you want to lose your weight through water foods then you should use fresh fruits juices, vegetables soups, and green tea etc. for the effective weight loss.

6. I am a stout fellow and I lost over 16 st on a water, lemon juice and bread diet back in 1988. Unfortunately I regained the weight and have since added another 10st. My present weight has remained steady for the last five years. I am now 52st.

7. ame

ame Guest

lol you don't know how starvation works do you?