Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

How long HSBC HR Vancouver take to process credit check?

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by glenegg, Jul 29, 2012.

1. glenegg

glenegg New Member

I had a interview with a Vancouver BC branch 2 weeks ago. A week ago, the manager of that branch called me and say I am hired, but I have to do a phone interview with HR. So I had a phone interview with the HR. HR said they will do a background check and credit check on me and will take about a week.
    So a week past, HR haven't contacted me, so i called the girl who interviewed me, she said "your offer have not been extended". I asked her why and she wouldn't explain to me. So i called the branch manager, she assured me that I still have the job, and there are some miscommunication between the branch and HR. She is going to e mail HR next week about my credit check.
    I am still so worry about my job.
    Who makes the last decision on hiring? HR or the branch?
    And has anyone got a call about getting hired by HSBC but at the end they tell you that your job is no longer offered?

2. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Did you get the job?

3. glenegg

glenegg New Member

the branch manager told me she will hire me, but it has been 3 weeks since she told me. and HR called me today and say they wil schedule another phone interview with me tomorrow.... what does that mean? am i still hired?

4. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I think in the end the branch manager is the one who hires you. I'm not sure what HR is, sounds like they just don't the credit check thing. Anyways, I wish you luck.

5. glenegg

glenegg New Member

thanks, HR hasn't call me for second phone interview yet....

6. Henry

Henry Junior Member

Oh well good luck! Maybe you'll be the one who deposits my checks :)

7. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

HR is probably being held up by the criminal record and credit checks? Are you aware of any anomalies that would hold back your application?

It's likely the branch manager's decision but the OP probably has to pass some corporate HSBC checks by Human Resources. If HR finds something odd, they can probably veto the job offer.