Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Automotive How is aircare?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Of GuardianS, May 4, 2013.

1. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Have to bring my 2006 car in for aircare. What are the steps for aircare? I drive there and what happens? Show them driver's license and registration first?

2. First you arrive and choose a lane depending on your type of car. The worker will guide you into the building to the first station where he will ask you for your registration and to pay the Aircare fee. While that is happening, he will check if your gas cap is functional and walk around your car to check for catalytic converters and other safety things. When finished the next worker will guide you to the next section, where they will make you go into a room while they hook up the testing equiptment and drive your car. When that is finished, they retrieve you from the room and give you your pass/fail report, then you leave.

Before you go through Aircare, a MUST is to make sure your engine is warmed up and at it's normal operating temperature! Drive your car for 30 minutes before you go through. Most, if not all cars made in the last 10-12 years should pass Aircare easily.

3. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Thanks for your reply. I did the air care thing few months ago. The guy had my car for 3mins and it was done.