Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

How does a bus company waste tax dollars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elmware, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Elmware

Elmware Full Member

They plaster their buses and shelters with ads trying to convince you that you should vote "Yes" to let them steal your money.

the mechanic likes this.
  2. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... is that right, Elmware? i'm guessing it's pretty bad down there. even in powell river we're hearing all about it through the vancouver-based news media as well as print, tv and radio ads. plus, i was reading on a message forum the other day that the government is also using TELEMARKETING to influence the outcome. and now you're telling us they're using outdoor advertising too! talk about overload. it's how the canadian government wages a war -- doing invasive propaganda blitzes through media and other communications avenues ...

... good post, Elmware! thanks for sharing the info! :up:

3. Elmware

Elmware Full Member

Oh yeah, it's all over the buses. All other ads are gone, and there's nothing but "vote yes" ads on every bus and bus shelters.

You're also right about the aggressive telemarketing campaign. I was even approached by them and the first time, they just asked me if I want better bus service and I'm like "well yes, that's a no-brainer..." so they're like "Great, let me take your name and number down..." but at this stage they hadn't even explain to me what the hell this was all about. They tricked me into having my name put on a list of people who are voting "Yes" before coming out with the details. I'm like "WTF" and they were even calling me. I wouldn't even vote "Yes" if pigs grew wings and flew.

The next time I saw them taking names, I said to them "Oh yeah! This is like that 'take from the poor and give to the rich tax.'" They didn't seem to like that one too well. I guess the truth can hurt sometimes.

the mechanic likes this.
  4. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... lol Elmware! :D