Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

How are you living Healthy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by healthy me, Mar 4, 2011.

1. healthy me

healthy me New Member

Vancouver is the best place on Earth. I've lived here all my life. I'm always enjoying the outdoors through the thick and thin; rain that is. It's amazing how people here are so health conscious. This is evident in the number of gyms that we have, yoga studios, and those crazy cardio boot camps. But how is everyone else embracing our beautiful environment?? I want to hear your thoughts and ideas!

Cheers!

2. APReal

APReal Junior Member

One of my favorite things about Vancouver is the walkability of many communities. I think it's something born and raised locals probably don't even think about, but having moved to Vancouver from Calgary you notice a dramatic change to how you do simple things like get groceries, rent a movie or grab a coffee by walking. Almost all require getting in your car for most people in a city like Calgary, where the majority of people live in suburbs and need to drive to the nearest strip mall for anything.

cheeseshredder likes this.