Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Here Is "Stuff I've Seen In Powell River" For October!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Oct 1, 2016.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... welcome to INDIAN town?

... in this "stuff i've seen in powell river" i look at a sign declaring that PR is indian territory! also, disappearing pay phones, the arrival of the pot shops and more!

... read it here: "STUFF I'VE SEEN IN POWELL RIVER #45"

... there's a photo of the sign in question in the article and a bunch of shots of it in the accompanying commentary video which can be found on my home page or youtube channel ...

2. RDL

RDL Guest

My thoughts:

The native thing -- well, me being 1/16th native, I have to say, the natives were here first, North America is native territory.

The payphone thing -- well, I hate to see them go, mostly because they remind me of a bygone era, but let's face it, I wasn't using them, even though I have a landline and not a cellphone. And it's just plain nonsensical for anyone to not have permanent phone service, whether it be a landline with an answering machine, or permanent cellular service. People need to be able to be contacted in case of emergency. And who can't afford a landline? I'm only paying $31/month with Shaw.

The pot thing -- I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not hurting anyone. It should be regulated just like alcohol and tobacco.

Also, I would place chemtrails in the same category as global warming and ISIS.