Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Have You Experienced Bullying -- As An Adult?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Jun 19, 2014.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... i mentioned a bullying incident i had with a bus driver to a friend of mine and as it turned out both of us have experienced bullying all our lives and are still dealing with it in our adult lives ...

... i was amazed! the topic really resonated with my friend. he said he actually feels "sought out" by bullies. i sometimes feel the same way. i think low self esteem has something to do with it. bullies are able to sense insecurity and prey on those who suffer from it ...

... can people who are picked on as children expect to encounter a lifetime of bullying? what do you think?

... comments?

2. Cookie-Monster

Cookie-Monster New Member

Yes Mechanic I think this is true , if u are bullied as a child u are always bullied. Ppl always bully me and pick on me because of my weight issue , I have several health problems and have had for a long time but ppl don't understand that and countinue to bully me and stare at me thinking that I just don't take care of myself and I think tht that's not fair. You should never judge a book by thier cover you never know what it's hiding or has behind it. Just cuz someone looks diffrent or acts a diffrent way doesn't give a reason to bully anyone or insult them and make them feel "this little".
    That's my opinion .

the mechanic likes this.
  3. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... thank you so much for taking the time to compose the above response, Cookie-Monster! very thoughtful indeed!

... i totally agree with what you say about not judging a book by its cover. in my younger days i sometimes made the mistake of generating internal assessments about people based simply on looks. however, sometimes those assessments were wrong and i felt horribly guilty about it when they were ...

Cookie-Monster likes this.