Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Great weather this summer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Aug 19, 2013.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

was lucky enough to spend some time wt Ambleside yesterday and i cant help but saying that the weather this summer has been so great. a lot os summer sun does a body, mind and spirit good.

2. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I hate the heat but love the sun. I can't wait for my favorite season, the Fall. You know what the best days are? When it's sunny on a cold day. Not like 6c cold but more like 15c cold.

3. Bine

Bine Full Member

I like the warm weather but not when it gets too hot. Around 24C is very nice.

Enjoy the rest of your summer.

4. chrissy

chrissy Full Member

The UK is having a good summer this year too , lets hope its not followed by a bitterly cold winter

5. Bine

Bine Full Member

After this summer we here on the West Coast have nothing to complain about. The nicest summer I have ever had here.

6. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

i have to concur. as far as weather goes, i cant remember a better summer. as for a cold winter, i say bring it on. i like a nice icy cold winter.

7. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

This is the best stretch of summer weather I can recall. We had one rainy week in June. No official rain in July. (It did rain one morning in North Van, but not at the official weather station at the airport.) So far only a few days of rain in August. The rest of the time was shorts weather. It looks like this weather will last at least another week.

I used to have difficulty coping with really warm days when the temperature gets into the high 20's. Ever since last decade when I was in Toronto in August and it was 33-degrees, 100% humidity and fog, I have never had any problem dealing with warm, summer temperatures in Vancouver.

As for the winter, I can deal with the cold. I just hate snow that sticks.

8. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... yes the weather is great, but it would be a lot better if the jets spraying emissions into the sky up here on the sunshine coast would stop. the discharge from the jets obscures the sun and the heat ...