Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Got The Flu From A Clothing Store...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Nov 2, 2016.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

So it makes sense. They are places where large numbers of people breathe on each other and touch surfaces but are retail stores cleaning well enough? Are there any standards of cleanliness to which they must adhere and are they inspected? (haha...of course not....)

Even having some outside, oxygen rich air pumped into a store reduces the life span of all kinds of viruses.

2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

And they don't have to use noxious chemicals like bleach and ammonia.....just some drops of essential oils of lemon or tea tree or pine will kill the bugs and be absolutely fine as far as smell and personal tolerance go.

3. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... i think the worst culprit for the flu is people themselves, especially the ones with obvious symptoms. usually when i get a cold or the flu i can look back and remember being in proximity of someone who was clearly ill. last year i had a nasty bout of the flu and i was sure it was a child who sounded like she had whooping cough who infected me ...

4. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Your body will be craving vitamin C right about now so be sure to take some cranberry juice or citrus juices. Frozen concentrate are ok. Looks like they took out the HFCS from Ocean spray and replaced with cane sugar so the quality has improved there.

the mechanic likes this.
  5. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... oh yes, vitamin C is a life-saver. however, i disagree that you should get it from juices. those processed juices are garbage loaded with sugar and who knows what else. get your vitamins the old fashioned way -- from fruits and vegetables and your body will thank you for it with good health ...

6. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Forget the cran juice I mentioned. It made me sick from all the sugar and when I looked the 'cane' sugar I previously saw in the ingredient's list was gone.....Mandela Effect is real.

7. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

One (fake?) bottle said 'sugar' in the ingredient's List and one said 'cane sugar.' The first, larger one made me sick. No Mandela Effect, just two different bottles.