Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Good enough to eat?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Sep 23, 2013.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

theres an article in the daily mail. i cant post links with this ipad anymore. anyway, apparently some people, when they see an adorable baby....it stimulates their appetite. wtf?

couldnt you just eat him? uh, i cant say that i have ever had that response to a cutie infant. how odd!

the mechanic likes this.
  2. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... never heard about that one either. latent cannibalism perhaps? or maybe the people in the study were just pulling the researchers' legs by saying they wanted to eat babies ...

3. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

It's a figure of speech, dum-dum! When my cousin Ashwina was an adorable little baby, my nickname for her was Juicy. I used to call her pet names like cupcake, chocolate ice cream....

She would cry to her mother: "Mommy, why does he always call me after food? Does he want to eat me, Mommy? Waaa!"

the mechanic likes this.
  4. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... lol! thanks for your reply, Vivek Golikeri!

... however, according to the article flutterby read, the image of a baby actually does make some people literally hungry. they're not just talking about silly comments uttered when someone sees an impossibly cute infant ...