Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Friendly Giant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Jun 28, 2015.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

for those who remember this program; indeed were raised on it, a question. What were your impressions?

As a child I loved the little furniture but I did think the puppet 'Rusty' the chicken in the bag was a cheap, store bought afterthought. Budget cuts? I mean the giraffe was so well crafted.

It was relaxing though and I loved all the Recorder music.

2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

3. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... thanks for reminding about that classic show, flutterby. it went hand in hand with sesame street to me ...

4. Bine

Bine Full Member

Traditionally poultry were kept in cloth bags, alive, in the kitchen until it was time to cut off their heads and bleed them for food.

5. Bine

Bine Full Member

I did like the show......

6. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... of course there was mr. dressup too, also a canadian production ...

7. bill barilko

bill barilko Full Member

8. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

I watched it when I was young. It was with this show that I learned how to recite the alphabet from Z to A. :) You can sing the alphabet with the melody from the theme song. I learned how to do it forwards and backwards with this theme song.