Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Fashion & Beauty fits.me - Virtual Fitting Room

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Jul 22, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Fits.me Virtual Fitting Room - robots
    Fits.me is developing a robotic torso that can morph into countless body dimensions. They have a website where you can try it out a demo, you enter your measurements (neck size, waist size) and select a torso type and it shows what you'd look like in a selected shirt.

Their website: http://fits.me/

It's meant as a virtual fitting room for online clothing shops, so you can "try clothes on" before you buy online. "The torso doesn’t morph in real time; instead, the site pulls from a database of pictures–2,000 body size combinations."

The robotic torso is kind of creepy. Would be awesome though since clothing sizes are always so inconsistent even within brands.

2. lwza

lwza Junior Member

Is there a female version of it? I can't seem to find it on the site.

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I think that's a work in progress. The presence of boobs probably add another dimension of technical complexity :p.

4. greengirl604

greengirl604 New Member