Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Fatty Liver Disease (non alcoholic)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Mar 17, 2015.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Interesting. Eating the wrong foods make your liver 'fatty' and it does not work right ie. does not digest fat and gets clogged with fat. Related to 'syndrome X' where too much insulin is secreted and it is not effective. These Australian ladies describe it very well.

High circulating insulin means your body will not burn fat. (never heard that articulated before)

5:15. 'if your insulin levels are high, you will not enter the 'fat burning zone'"

2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

wow, this explains why Atkins high fat, no sugar low carbs works. The body can only burn fat if there's no circulating insulin. And I guess the body can burn fat rather well given the high fat diet that is Atkins and that people actually lose fat/weight that way.

3. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

I think 'high cholesterol' is fatty liver disease and it's caused by high sugar in the diet which leads to high circulating insulin which blocks the body from digesting fat.....doh!

You must bring down insulin levels to burn fat. It's as simple as that. Dang, the Australians just make some things so clear!

4. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... without watching your video, what are the physical symptoms of this aliment, flutterby?

5. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

when you're liver isn't working there's all kinds of symptoms: obesity, bloating (belly fat), chronic low blood sugar (you need a healthy liver to metabolize glucose from food) so weakness, fatigue.

41 seconds: "sugar can cause as much harm to the liver as alcohol does"

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    the mechanic likes this.
  6. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... i see. thanks for explaining that for me, flutterby. hope you're having a great day today by the way ... :up:

7. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

I got it a bit wrong above. The liver stores Glucose and a healthy one releases it when needed to keep blood sugar stable. However, with fatty liver, this mechanism does not work well hence blood sugar drops and fatigue are common.

the mechanic likes this.
  8. flutterby

flutterby Active Member