Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Eh Barstar... What's Your Poison?

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by jopopsicle, Jun 10, 2010.

1. jopopsicle

jopopsicle New Member

Aight, So just for the sake of conversation and to make more interactive forum discussions...

What's your favorite drink when you go out?

I guess, i'm a manhattan guy. Double Crown, on the rocks, in a rocks glass, no gay martini glasses for me. 2 marciano cherries and a lemon twist. (every bartender forgets the lemon twist, but that's what makes or breaks the tip for me)

2nd I'd get a GnT half tonic, half soda in a collins with 4 limes.. if i'm feeling adventurous i'd ask them to put one of those lil umbrellas on it.

Beer, i like dark stuff. Red Stripe, New Castle... if i were to drink any local beer it'd be Granville Island Honey Lager... maybe the occassional Grasshopper.

How bout you gaiz?

2. 6u-huo.l.uV

6u-huo.l.uV Moderator Staff Member

i usually carry a bottle of water with me. like to keep myself hydrated. been looking to get a stainless steel bottle, but i dunno.
    stupid new sigg lining broke on me and i'm afraid of aluminium

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Can't say I'm much of a drinker, but I like trying different sake, beers and wines.

Beer wise, I'm fond of hoegaarden. Tried some other white beers, but this is still my favourite.
    [​IMG]

Another good beer I can remember is from Innis & Gunn, their rum cask oak aged beer. Great complex flavours. It was limited edition, but I hear they're producing it as a regular item now.
    [​IMG]