Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Discussion eDailyQuest unsolicited emails

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by milquetoast, Mar 15, 2011.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Anyone else receiving unwanted spam from them? I have no clue how they got my email addresses, I'm thinking they might have bought email addresses from other group buy sites (daily steal anyone?). Total :poop:, let's see if they obey unsubscribe requests.

Sketchy travel deals, fake testimonies, spamming... not a good start if they're legit. Anyone with a good review?

http://www.edailyquest.com/index.php?city_id=14

2. eDailyQuest

eDailyQuest Guest

3. travekguy

travekguy Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

their new deals looks real, only the first one was a scam.

5. Andrea M

Andrea M Guest

I receive deals from edailyquest and they have not been a scam. I purchased the quizznos, easy wash etc. I've even spoken to the customer service department and they have been helpful and if I wasn't satisfied they gave offered a full refund. I don't see any scams here

6. Andrea

Andrea New Member

Hey, I also receive deals from eDailyQuest.com. I got the email about the travel deal and I looked into it. That company did other daily deal sites:
    http://www.buywithme.com/dallas/deals/4452-next-stage-travel
    and they did one with Social bUy
    http://www.socialbuy.com/los-angeles...vel-08-02-2011

does anyone have any experience with other daily deal sites that offered this type of deal.
    It appears like Next Stage is at fault and not so much the daily deal company.
    I looked into edailyquest San diego and they did deals with Charities such as Leukemia and Lymphoma society. I didn't see anything bad about them.I don't know much about the travel company offering the deal though.

7. tjbean

tjbean Guest

Getting spam from them, they definitely bought an address list from someone.

8. milquetoast

Thanks for the info, their Quizno's deal looked pretty good. The issue with the travel voucher is that all the conditions weren't revealed, in particular the flight credit limit. I think they need to explain what happened with the Next Stage Travel deal and also explain how they have our email addresses.

9. Demonoid

Demonoid New Member

Lolz I am surprised so many people bought into that Vegas deal.... I mean come on what were you expecting? Also just there website should have been a red flag... Didn't anyone see how amateur and outdated it was?

10. milquetoast

What are you talking about? Looks totally legit to me :rofl:.

[​IMG]

On a more serious note, I'm more concerned about the unsolicited emails than the sketchy travel scam because even WagJag was recently duped by a similar travel company called "Travel Logic Services". It's unfortunate that eDailyQuest decided to launch with such a bad deal though, it's obviously set them back and there's no room for error in the group buy market.

11. milquetoast

To be safe, just avoid all travel deals from these group buy sites. It speaks volumes when they feature deals from sketchy companies without doing a proper background check. The market leaders are guilty of this too, groupon got caught up with the horrible FTD flower deal and LivingSocial (the biggest player after Groupon) sold a disney travel package that turned out to have a ton of hidden fees attached.

Non-local travel deal from a group buy site = AVOID. At the first least, you should do some googling to see if it's legit.

12. TravelBug

TravelBug Guest

Yes I think their other deals are fine. They actually refunded me for the Next Stage Travel deal because it does seem to be a scam.