Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Tech Dropbox Dropquest II (2) Answer Key! [2012]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, May 8, 2012.

1. Anon

Anon Guest

Cheeseshredder: Thanks. Your NYSE answer sounded as good as any --- so, it's back to the board with that one. And, I'm still stuck on the word one; I just don't get it. Maybe I'm just making it complicated... but, someone must know, for all the answers out there. I find it much more interesting to see the process than just the answers (I've still not finished yet, in fact)... I like the 'ah ha!' moment of seeing how one gets from one point to another.

Btw, for the Southpole one, it's obviously correct, but I have no idea why it works; the google doc has this whole 'BLOCK' thing (which I saw as I walked through, and wrote the numbers) but it seems the 'simple' thing is to do what I did, which is to just line them up in rows of 5 and walk through the rot-X. (I was rather proud I groked that bit myself)

I'm still watching here to see if anyone can explain the 'how' of it. I had the Link one in next to no time, so, what's hard for some is easy for others --- hopefully one of those people can fill in some of the missing 'steps' here.

And, Cheeseshredder, thanks for this awesome thread/guide. Hats off to you, mate.

2. stuck

stuck Guest

how did you choose those words :(? i understand they're from the text files but what's the process??

rainbow itself is a headless noun, but i don't know how that connects with your word list.

3. Anon

Anon Guest

The selection process is cake... there's an 'article' section on dropbox's page, but I was just using google. If you google the first one (I have in 1.txt) the first line (mobile professional) you'll find the article, and you'll see that the text in '1.txt' has the word 'evolves', but the actual (real article) has the word "complements" --- ymmv if your text is different.

What I don't know is how you get from those words to 'click on sharing, then click on big rainbow'...

4. geektox

geektox New Member

I can explain. Not sure if it's already been mentioned.
    The"headless" clue us a bit misleading, as it doesn't refer to headless nouns, but rather that the words are missing their first letter.

Revokes
    Olives
    Yourselves
    Gastronomical
    Blasting
    Ideal
    Viridescent

The way that I discovered this was trying to think of words ending in "ourselves" and only coming up with Yourselves, Then Olive and Gastronomic(al) and the rest of the acronym came easily. Viridescent is definitely not a word I would have thought of though.

The note then says to find "two of those", which can only be the sharing page.

cheeseshredder likes this.
  5. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Genius! :up: If Anon hasn't figured it out then I hope he/she's still around to see this.

6. Anon

Anon Guest

No, I most certainly didn't figure it out... man, that's _genius_. You know, I think Chapter 2 really should have been a warning, "Half these dudes came out of MIT... you're just gonna waste your time." :)

For the 'stock quote' one, there's an awesome write up here:
    http://www.countrykeepers.com/wp/?p=3273

That makes perfect sense, now. In short, each _row_ has one that doesn't fit, and then, out of those, you find the country; so, all of them are European, except [Mexico/Argentina/Korea].

That rainbow one, frankly, seems to me harder than the ones that came after. I mean, the flag one was deeply involved, but sensible.

Whatever the case, major props to all the people that actually figured these out, and also, those who took the time to explain it to those of us with less mental acumen. Thanks guys. ;-)

7. DJFroto

DJFroto New Member

You guys are a life saver!