Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Do you like raw hot dogs?

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by Coldog, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Coldog

Coldog Guest

I have experienced this a few times and every time I am hoping they have improved but nope, always the same.

Once in a blue moon I feel like eating a hot dog when I am at Ikea. I usually go to the Coquitlam store. I was in line up today and the cashier shouts at the hot dog preparing girl; One hot dog. I guess someone ordered a hot dog. She replies; I have one left. Damn I think....no hot dog for me today.

Then I hear her shouting back: Hot dogs in a minute.

I remember my past experiences of eating nearly raw uncooked hot dogs at Ikea before but I convince myself that probably the hot dogs have been cooking for a while and they are just ready now. There would be no way they would put hot dogs on the cooker and consider them ready in one minute. Would they?

My turn comes up. I order a hot dog and pay for it and the cashier looks at the hot dog girl and says; One hot dog. She puts it in the bun and hands it to me. Pink as in fresh. Barely warm and nearly cold inside.

I give up. I am just passing this on to those who like eating hot dogs raw and I have seen people doing that. Ikea is perfect for raw hot dog eating if you are into that.

milquetoast likes this.
  2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Haven't had raw hot dogs from Ikea before but I usually go to the Richmond location. Maybe you should try Costco.