Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Do You Eat Eggs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Feb 19, 2017.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... i remember there was a point in general society where eating eggs became less popular ...

... it was because they were considered high in cholesterol and thus bad for you. i remember even my friend whose dad is a doctor said you shouldn't eat them. so i stopped eating them for a long while ...

... but now i've started eating them again. i now think they are good for you and there was even a nutritionist on the radio who said that eating eggs is the key to a long life ...

... how about you? do you eat eggs? and if so, how do you prepare them?

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

I eat fried eggs for breakfast regularly. I don't recall when eggs were considered unhealthy.

the mechanic likes this.
  3. the mechanic

... well, i'm going quite aways back with my recollection of that belief, the seventies when i was a kid. if you were overweight and wanted to get healthier one thing you cut back on was eggs. bacon too ...

... thanks for your comment, Stuntman!

4. bill barilko

bill barilko Full Member

Three soft boiled for brekkie yesterday and another one in the Cornbread tomorrow.

hth

the mechanic likes this.
  5. the mechanic

... sounds like you are clearly a lover of eggs. enjoy them, bill, they might be very good for you ...

... thank you for your answer!

6. Elmware

Elmware Full Member

I eat eggs every once in awhile. I love the taste of them. I especially like to make a basic 3 egg cheese omelette and pour some salsa sauce over them, like how IHOP made their Spanish Omelette. It's very good that way.

Another thing I love are pickled eggs. Can't get enough of them.

If you wanna talk about unhealthy, then let's get into the side items, such as bacon, sausages, ham, etc... Even the bread you use to make your toast. I like white bread, but many think that brown bread is better for them. Not if it's made with enrich flour. You're only kidding yourself there. But hey! They all go great with eggs. Especially bacon. I mean, it's a no brainer that bacon is smothered in grease, and a heart attack waiting to happen if you indulge too much in them, but it oh-soooooo-good. Right?

the mechanic likes this.
  7. the mechanic

... spectacular post above, Elmware! thank you for composing it!

... i like eggs too. these days i'll have a couple of hardboiled eggs with my sandwich at lunch. but sometimes i'll fry up two with a salmon steak to have with rice for dinner or occasionally i'll drop a couple eggs into a pot of rice when it's cooking for dinner ...