Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Local Do you eat at the Tomahawk BBQ?

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by Bine, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Bine

Bine Full Member

I do and I like it!
    • 1550 Philip Avenue
    • North Vancouver, BC
    • V7P 2V8 CANADA
    My favourite for breakfast is the:
    MIXED GRILL
    Nine generous slices of Yukon style bacon, two country fresh eggs, fried or scrambled, two slices of Klondike toast, ORGANIC hamburger patty, aged cheddar cheese, wiener, onions and fresh sautéed mushrooms.
    and for lunch:
    CHIEF SIMON BAKER BURGER
    Organic ground beef patty, Yukon-style bacon, sautéed fresh mushrooms and aged cheddar cheese.
    http://www.tomahawkrestaurant.com/index.html

2. Bine

Bine Full Member

MIXED GRILL
    Nine generous slices of Yukon style bacon, two country fresh eggs, fried or scrambled, two slices of Klondike toast, ORGANIC hamburger patty, aged cheddar cheese, wiener, onions and fresh sautéed mushrooms.

[​IMG]

CHIEF SIMON BAKER BURGER
    Organic ground beef patty, Yukon-style bacon, sautéed fresh mushrooms and aged cheddar cheese.
    http://www.tomahawkrestaurant.com/index.html

[​IMG]

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Here's their episode on DDD.

4. Used to go there often back in the 80's-90's and went a few times recently. The décor hasn't changed much (if any) and the food is still as good as it was back then. The go-to meal back in the day was the "Skookum Chief" burger and one of their thick milkshakes. Pure heaven. The only burger back then that was better was from a Truck Stop somewhere between Hope and Ashcroft (can't remember the name of the place but their burgers were named after different trucks... Mack, Peterbilt etc.). Wish I knew what that place was called. Anyways, I had the Chief Simon Baker burger platter and it was delicious. The service was great and the server was very attentive. Just a note, if you plan on going there on the weekend, prepare for a 30-60 minute wait, at least it was like that the last 3 times we went.

It's funny that it hasn't been mentioned, but back in the 80's the Tomahawk was known for Bryan Adams working there.

5. MajorMajor

MajorMajor Guest

I don't because the owner is a total scumbag who stole tips from the front of house staff all the time.