Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Local Dine Out Vancouver 2011 - questions, comments, reviews, pictures and suggestions

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by milquetoast, Oct 20, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

It wasn't too long ago that we had the 2010 event (probably because it was so much later due to the Winter Olympics), but Tourism Vancouver has announced that Dine Out Vancouver 2011 will be held from January 24 to February 6, 2011. The prices are the same as last year with 3 tiers at $18, $28 and $38.

Remember, while there are some good deals to be had, don't assume that you'll get one just because it's DOV. A lot of the restaurants that participate have better deals as part of their regular prix-fixe or early dinner menus. Often discounts are on par or less than what you'd get with an Entertainment coupon (or starting this year, with group buy sites such as Groupon).

With that said, it's still an excellent time to try out the more expensive restaurants in the city.

My experiences from last year
    West - Good food, small but decent portions.
    The Observatory - Beyond tiny portions, only go for the view. I tried to time my reservation with clear skies during sunset but failed miserably, ended up with complete overcast. The gondola ride up and down the mountain comes with the dinner.
    Hidden - Innovative food at a good price, won't fill you up though.
    Monk McQueens - Some of the food was good, some was not but the view was great. I would pass since they regularly have other discounts.

2. Anon

Anon Guest

Those in the industry call it Chine Out Vancouver.