Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Did You Know Your Cell Phone Could Be Tracking Your Movements?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Dec 14, 2014.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... my friend told me that he found out that his new smart phone is keeping a log of all the places he goes to ...

... did you know your new phone probably does this? does it concern you? could it be seen as a security risk? does such rude nosiness by software makers annoy you in any way?

... it just doesn't seem right to me!

... comments?

2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

its crazy alright. i thought one could refuse the tracking option. my ipad used to ask me if i wanted to turn my location on and i always said no. then i went to a website that found the library nearest me....with my tracking off. so it seems that turning tracking off is a ruse.

the mechanic likes this.
  3. the mechanic

... thanks for speaking up, flutterby! i agree with you. there is just far too much illegal surveillance going on right now and unfortunately the present regime is all in favor of it ...

4. Bill

Bill Full Member

Uncheck "My Location" options

[​IMG]

the mechanic likes this.
  5. the mechanic

... thank you for your contribution, Bill ...