Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Arts & Culture Depth Dating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jasun Horsley, Sep 5, 2013.

?

Would you attend a Depth-Dating meeting in Vancouver?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Depends (Please specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jasun Horsley

Jasun Horsley New Member

Hi

I have an idea for hosting events in Vancouver and would like to see if there's enough interest to proceed.

My idea is to create an alternate to speed-dating designed for sensitive, soulful, committed, and deep-thinking/serious-minded participants. Meetings would consist of a short introduction followed by specific exercises which I have developed via a combination of acting improv workshops, psychological research, and spiritual training, to facilitate a deeper connection during the brief time which each pair spends together.

The standard speed-dating format would then be transformed into something both more fun and more real: improvisational/playful exercises and guidance to create a safe environment for intimate connecting.

Currently the exact design of the meetings is loose, so if anyone is interested, your preferences, requests, and suggestions are welcome.

About me: I am married (5 years), a published author, speaker, podcaster, and filmmaker, with some experience running groups (and lots with online group work).