Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Day trip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mofro, Aug 18, 2010.

1. mofro

mofro Junior Member

So, I've got a week off upcoming and I wanted to go somewhere . My wife and I have a 4 month old, so we sort of ruled out long flights, meaning local destinations.

Any suggestions? It would be great if it was an overnight trip. I know she wanted to try fishing but we have no fishing equipment so we'd need to find a place to rent it from...

We talked about the interior (Kelowna) but she's not sure what we would really do there...

I'm open to suggestions. Also, if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it.

2. o

o Junior Member

check out the pages in 24 or metro, flight centre has some nice packages

3. mikeivb

mikeivb New Member

4. coryL

coryL New Member

Fishing on your own can be a bit difficult to start out with. If you can afford it you can book a charter boat to take you salmon fishing. They run out of Vancouver or for a nicer overnight trip you could fish out of Vancouver Island, say Alert Bay or Port Hardy. And if you have the budget for it there are many amazing lodges out of the Queen Charlotte Islands.

5. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

There's Tofino and Harrison Hot Springs.