Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Crapples....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Sep 25, 2015.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

So I bought a small bag of apples from a local health food store chain. They were locally grown and delicious - really tart and so full of Vit. C. So I bought another bag later of the same brand and these are all dry and pulpy. I wonder why this happens? it's really hard to find consistently good apples these days and I end up wasting money on ones I cannot even eat they are so dry. Is this because the apple tree was not healthy? or maybe they've sat too long ie. old? The same with oranges. A good one out of 4 is lucky.

the mechanic likes this.
  2. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... one suggestion is to buy your apples singularly as opposed to bagged, that way you can easily inspect them. i buy single apples regularly and they're always fine. however, oranges i've found can sometimes be dry inside and there's no way of guarding against that. usually they're good though ...