Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Construction worker denies blind woman a seat on the SkyTrain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Apr 12, 2015.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

[​IMG]

Original Post:

Disgusted with people who ride Skytrain and take 2-3 seats for their bag and feet to be put up while a blind woman stands. Seriously!!! And when another passenger calls her out she starts spewing nasty language and racist comments! (Edit: just to note, myself and 4 other people offered our seats to the blind woman, she politely declined as she was only going a few stops, a few passengers spoke up about this rude passenger and her friend sitting to her left - but they just kept loudly responding with rude comments).

There were 2 women (broads really) who would have jumped me ... Not worth the physical confrontation. Everyone on the train knew and kept staring at them in disgust. A few people spoke up but they just continued and got even louder. Just rude and ignorant on so many levels.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155374239150394&set=a.10150437314695394.639726.638170393

2. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Doesn't a country as humane as Canada have laws making it mandatory to accommodate disabled persons first? In south Florida it's the law. If a blind or crippled person comes on and no seats are free, someone has to give up their seat. It's common decency, anyway.

Once I was on a flight and a mother with three little children needed that area. This was just three years since my own Mom's funeral, and the wound of losing my own mother was still raw. I spoke to the airline stewardess and told her I did not care that I had paid for a better seat. So long as I got somewhere to sit, let Mommy and babies be served first.

3. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

Both sides are white people (construction worker Vs blind woman), how come race issue gets involved.

4. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

No, I think the poster means that the construction worker made racist insults to another passenger who protested her attitude. That other passenger must have been of a different race. If you have that insolence recorded on your cell phone, upload it to the web. It will go viral, and sooner or later someone who knows that creep will recognize her. People will give her problems.....she needs to be taught a lesson.