Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Fashion & Beauty Clearly Contacts - Free Glasses on June 18th

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by milquetoast, Jun 10, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Sign up here to receive the promo code on the day of the promotion: http://www.clearlycontacts.ca/cvancouver.html

Browse their site here: http://www.clearlycontacts.ca/

Important notes:
    These promotions go fast, so wake up early
    You do have to pay shipping on these $10-15
    The deal has traditionally applied to all glasses listed on their website
    It states that previous free glasses recipients are excluded from this offer

2. Odo not Frodo

Odo not Frodo Junior Member

got this in my email:

The Metro Vancouver Giveaway Coupon Code is: FREEVANCOUVER3000

*Giveaway starts at 10:00am*

Here's how you redeem your FREE pair of glasses:

1. Go to ClearlyContacts.ca and pick out your frames
    2. Fill in your prescription details and Pupil Distance [PD] information
    3. On the 'Order Review & Payment' stage of the checkout process, enter in the code above and click 'Apply'
    4. That's it! You've just experienced how ClearlyContacts.ca is revolutionizing the way people shop for eyeglasses and contacts.

3. Odo not Frodo

the website is super slow right now, keeps crashing and it's not even 10 yet.

4. milquetoast

Here's a tip: browse their American website, they have the same frames/styles. https://www.coastalcontacts.com/

Although, I noticed the measurements are different, not sure why that is since the names and brands are exactly the same. Don't order through the American site though, you won't get the discount.

5. Odo not Frodo

finally got my order in. it froze upon payment but i got my email confirmation. supposedly people are calling in to order, and they're sending out a form to fill out via email... may be an option for those still stuck trying to load the pages.

6. milquetoast

Here's an email form they sent me, email it to [email protected]

Thank you for visiting Clearly Contacts Inc.

We apologize for the inconvenience, as we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our server. Please be advised that this issue is currently being addressed.

In the meantime, we will be more than happy to take your ordering information, and we will gladly place an order for you once the website is in working order.

Please ensure that you provide us with the following information:

Your prescription information, as follows:

If this is for Single Vision (SV), Progressives, or Reading

OD (Right Eye): Sphere (same as Power), Cylinder (Cyl, if applicable), Axis (X, if applicable), Add (if applicable, for progressives or reading prescriptions)

OS (Right Eye): Sphere (same as Power), Cylinder (Cyl, if applicable), Axis (X, if applicable), Add (if applicable, for progressives or reading prescriptions)

Pupil Distance (PD)

If you are requesting any upgrades to the lenses, such as higher index lenses or tinting: This promotion includes a single vision (which includes reading glasses) with a 1.5 Index lens, any additional upgrade charges would apply as would any terms and conditions of this promotion.

Your shipping information including:

First Name:

Last Name:

Address (including apartment number if applicable)

City

Postal Code

Phone Number

Email

Preferred shipping method: FedEx or Canada Post

When I am able to place the order you will receive an order confirmation with your order number and the total owing. You have 15 days from the shipping date to pay for your order.

Once again, we apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Customer Service Representative

Clearly Contacts Inc.
    320-2985 Virtual Way, Vancouver, BC V5M 4X7
    Ph: 1-866-414-2326 Fax: 1-866-333-6810
    Web: www.ClearlyContacts.ca

Over 100 Million Contact Lenses Delivered.
    Passionately Committed to making every experience with Coastal Contacts positive and highly satisfying.
    For everyone. Every time.

7. ema

ema Full Member

Thanks Metro Vancouver,

We gave away prescription eyeglasses to 3,000 lucky people. The response was overwhelming, some of our servers couldn't handle it!

If you weren't able to get a free pair, or couldn't decide on just one style, ClearlyContacts.ca is offering you another chance: for the rest of the weekend (that's until midnight on Sunday) you can take 50% off those frames that you wanted; just by using coupon code: VANCOUVER50

So head back to ClearlyContacts.ca and get those frames that you had your eye on! Don't forget to also join our Facebook page and upload a picture when your frames arrive to show off your new style, care of ClearlyContacts.ca!

8. milquetoast

Did you get end up getting anything?

9. Odo not Frodo

my order's already shipped :eek:

10. Odo not Frodo

should have checked my front door, when I wrote that post my glasses were already delivered. crazy fast.

i also got a coupon for another pair of free glasses for a friend.

11. milquetoast

Mine arrived today. Got the coupons also, one for 10% off and another for free glasses, so make sure you don't throw them out.

[​IMG]

12. ema

ema Full Member

Nope, haven't needed glasses...(knocks on wood)
    But congrats on the purchase!

13. milquetoast

10% off - use coupon code REFERRED09

Although, you can always get 10% off by using the code TRANSIT

Keep in mind that their american site, coastal contacts is often cheaper and the Canadian site will price match if you call and ask.

14. chong

chong New Member

do you think this would ever happen for contacts ?

15. milquetoast

Doubtful. The margins on their contacts are probably not as high as on their glasses. In fact, their contacts prices aren't even that good. I find that they're pretty close compared to some local glasses shops. Costco and Walmart often have them beat when they have their coupon promotions.

Although, Clearly does have a price match policy, so if you find a price online (including their US branch Coastal Contacts) that is cheaper (not hard to do), they will match it.

Coupon promotions will apply to contacts though, unless otherwise stated. This includes the ubiquitous 10% off coupon codes like TRANSIT.