Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Chinese Tourists Shopping for Vancouver Real Estate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Jun 1, 2015.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Literally a tour bus full of visitors from Mainland China getting a guided tour of our real estate.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kimchi Wong

Kimchi Wong Guest

I think people see Asians at an open house or presentation centre and just make assumptions. They could easily be born here. They could be Korean, Japanese or Vietnamese.

Stuntman and milquetoast like this.
  3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

@Kimchi Wong that's definitely the case most of the time but I don't think it applies to this particular incident, although I did not take the pictures so can't be sure.

It speaks to society's racism and ignorance when a white guy immigrating from Australia or the UK can be instantly recognized as a Canadian in the public's eye but a 5th generation Canadian of Asian descent gets branded as a foreigner and told to go back to China. Chinese people have been in British Columbia since 1788 and started appearing in larger numbers in the 1850s, before BC was even a colony under British rule.

Stuntman likes this.