Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Child abandoned at Surrey bus stop, RCMP trying to locate parents

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Dec 20, 2014.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Left at a bus stop at 64th Avenue and 152nd Street this morning.

[​IMG]

Contact Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502 if you recognize this kid.

2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

i met a boy at a bus stop once. it was cold and he wasn't wearing a coat or anything warm, just a t shirt. i asked him where his parents were and i told him it was his parent's responsibility to get him a coat and make sure he wore it. he seemed surprised by this information. kids think neglect is normal. i remember when i found out that parent's had a legal obligation to cloth and feed their kids etc. I was surprised too. Kids need to know what their rights are.

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

The kid was reunited with his mother. His father has been arrested. Apparently witnesses saw the father slap the kid before getting onto the bus. Police were able to locate him after reviewing security footage which showed the same man stealing juice boxes from a store.